Sunday, July 19, 2009

refuge.cast 001: FRANKLIN DE COSTA

Mixes/podcasts will be regularly occurring here on The Refuge., so come back often or consider ending your life, as some of the refuge.casts will be exclusive and/or available for a limited time only!

.....and so for the grand opening of The Refuge., we'll start off with a rather deep session by Franklin De Costa from Berlin.



You can ALSO get the mix HERE.




-So, you've informed us that this mix was recorded live somewhere off the coast of France? Where and when was this?

Franklin: This was recorded in a bar in St. Nazaire. A small city close to Nantes. Pretty nice. :)

-The mix seems very, very deep. Tell us how the vibe was at the party.

Franklin: That part was the beginning of the set. I played the whole night and had a lot room to build up my set.

-When you play out do you decide which way you want the mix to go based on how you're feeling that night or do you 'read' the crowd's reactions and go from there?

Franklin: Of course I look where I play and adjust my general set but of course I also play how I feel. So if I start harder I normally end up deeper in the night to get people into a musical journey and not only playing tool after tool.


-What's your schedule looking like this season? Are there any really big events you're excited about playing?

Franklin: I'm going again on a small North America tour which I'm looking forward to. Maybe also Mexico. Last time it got canceled at the beginning of the flu panic so I hope this time it works out.

-It looks like you've got a handful of releases about to come out. When can we expect the goods? :D

Franklin: Well the next one will be a new release on the German label Einmaleins called "Redazz ep". Really looking forward to this one to hit the streets.

-What's next for The Green Empire? Does The Green Empire function as a label in addition to an outlet for organizing events?

Franklin:
Green Empire restructuring a bit at the moment. I did parties with my buddies as well as one special vinyl release but I haven't had time to bring this thing further. This will happen next year. More parties and some special releases. . .

Franklin De Costa Myspace
The Green Empire
Leena Music
Einmaleins-Musik

No comments:

Post a Comment